Sunday, January 11, 2009

Logo I

The first version of my logo. I got fixated on two concepts, the martini glass and the bird. The martini glass was inspired by the tacky neon-light decorations in a lot of grungy/dive-y bars. The bird was just a fixation. Of course it relates to the sky, and I thought some kind of animal or character would add a playful, casual element to the logo. (And a bird drinking a martini is funny.) The first image shows the (original) final logo in black-and-white and in color. The other images show a bit of the process.

This logo was received well by my classmates, but there was one (apparently fatal) flaw: the bird wasn't decipherable from a distance. I tried to remedy this, but I felt like I needed an illustrator to somehow fix the bird. I'm not an illustrator, and my couple scratch marks were not cutting it. I was running out of time and ideas, so I ended up coming up with an entirely new logo. I was never totally satisfied with it and preferred this playful one.





No comments: